Yoga Teacher Training 500 Hour
300hr Advanced Yoga Teacher Training with Stephanie Snyder – 2020
Ritambhara tatra prajna. (Yoga sutra 1.48) When filled with a higher truth, there is wisdom. Please find the following information a guide to our future AYTT journey together. I am grateful for the opportunity to walk the path of yoga with you.
Om shanti, shanti, shanti,
8 modules of group sadhana:
4/23-26 Thurs, Fri eves; Sat, Sun-8 hrs a day
5/8-10 Fri eve; Sat, Sun-8 hrs a day
6/19-6/21 Fri eve; Sat, Sun-8 hrs a day
7/17-7/19 Fri eve; Sat, Sun-8 hrs a day
8/21-8/23 Fri eve; Sat, Sun-8 hrs a day
9/11-9/13 Fri eve; Sat, Sun-8 hrs a day
10/22-10/25 Fri eve; Sat, Sun-8 hrs a day
11/19-11/22 Thurs, Fri eves; Sat, Sun-8 hrs a day
Expectation of sadhana: In addition to our time devoted to group sadhana, required for this program is two yoga classes a week through BYV or another approved teacher/class.
Lead Trainer: Stephanie Snyder is the lead teacher of this training. Stephanie is a 500hr-ERYT with backgrounds in Anusuara, Ashaya, Hatha yoga programs, including BYV’s first-ever AYTT. Stephanie has assisted, been a guest teacher, led, and co-led numerous immersions, YTTs, AYTTs, workshops, and day retreats over the last five years in the Baltimore area and in Lennox, MA. Stephanie offers her practice with professional skill, giving students the space to develop their own understanding of the practice. She believes the teacher-student relationship is about coming-together and empowerment, while she maintains a leadership role that is of a collaborative and respectful nature. Stephanie believes in expanding one’s own yoga practice in service to all. She guides you to uncover more of your potential through deep personal work, traditional yoga practices, applicable modern tools, and cultivation of a yogic lifestyle true to your authentic self.
Guest Trainers: Anjali Sunita (Ayurveda), Christina Sell (Hatha yoga), Jean-Jacques Gabriel (Partner yoga) and many more!
Typical Thurs/Fri format: 5:30-9:00pm Review or learning module; Pranayama or Asana; Interactive/integration module.
Typical Sat/Sun format: 11:00-7pm Same as above, plus potluck meal w/ intentional discussion; chanting/yoga nidra/restorative practice/meditation/modern applications
You can expect from this training:
- Support from skilled teachers to advance your gifts and natural voice as a teacher
- Life transforming practices involving movement, physical alignment, anatomy, yoga assists, breathwork, diet, meditation, mindfulness techniques and personal development work
- Skills to create intelligent, dynamic sequencing to create unique classes students will remember
- Increase your ability to teach with precise, clear, and effective alignment instructions for a deeper student experience in your classes
- Group work and partner sharing
- Reading assignments
- Ayurvedic lifestyle recommendations
- Chanting, singing, utilizing your natural voice
- Weekly follow-up at home experiential learning (1-2hrs per week)
- A 300hr AYTT YA-approved certification upon completion and payment of program
- A familial group of vibrant yogis dedicated to bringing more peace, love, service in the name of yoga to the community
- Applicable communication tools to maintain a safe, welcoming, connected space for students and for your personal life
- Philosophy “tea talks”
- Networking with community for quality yoga teaching opportunities
What is expected of you:
- What is expected of you:
- Timeliness and full presence
- Confidentiality and holding a safe container for our group
- Asking for what you want and need (honest communication with one another)
- An opportunity to teach the community through practice teaches
- Monthly check-ins with one another
- Requirement of 2 classes a week in between modules
- Homework completion
- Svadhyaha: study of self/introspection
Cost (four options):
~Early bird (paid-in-full by 3/15/20): $3300, incl. $250 deposit
~Regular tuition (paid-in-full by 4/15/20): $3500, incl. $250 deposit
~Early bird payment plan: 4 installments due 3/15, 5/15, 7/15, 9/15 $850 each ($3400, incl. deposit)
~Regular tuition payment plan: 4 installments due 4/15, 6/15, 8/15, 11/15 $900 each ($3600, incl. deposit)
~Please inquire if you need alternate payment plans, or would like to apply for a partial scholarship (funds are limited, request before 3/1).
In addition, two BYV classes a week or another approved class. Some students opt to join the BYV Work Study Program-serving the yoga community in exchange for free, or reduced classes.
Contact info: Please send completed applications or inquiries to Stephanie Snyder at email@example.com OR via snail mail: 2110A Corbett Rd. Monkton, MD 21111. Meet Stephanie in person at one of her live classes