200 hour Jivan Yoga Teacher Training
We believe in a course that takes time because yoga is deep and ancient. We honor that it is a lifelong practice, which when studied with true devotion, becomes foundational to every moment of life! To that end, we meet each Thursday evening at our Hampden Studio from 5PM to 9Pm to practice and study. Additionally, we ask that you take 2 yoga asana classes per week at Baltimore Yoga Village with any of our teachers at either studio.
Lead Trainers: Anjali Sunita and Mark Garner.
Anjali is the Founder and Director of Baltimore Yoga Village. Anjali emphasizes sharing yoga as a service to humanity. She guides students to uncover their natural voices through deep personal work, traditional yoga study and practice, and creating a lifestyle that is foundational for uncovering your gifts.
Mark Garner is excited to join Anjali for a 200hr. YTT training that steeped in tradition yet allows for an open discussion of modern postural yoga and its philosophical roots. Mark believes in sadhana and the fruits of a sustained practice. He brings a no-nonsense approach to alignment based yoga and welcomes the opportunity to help thirsty students find their dharmic path
Guest trainers: Jean-Jacques(Yoga), Taber Shadburne (Soulful Communication), Stephanie Snyder (Yoga), Adhikari Sacha (chanting/meditation), and more.
You can expect from this training:
- life transforming practices involving movement, physical alignment/anatomy, yoga assists, breath work, diet, daily routine recommendations, meditation, and Radical Honesty Communication work.
- group work and partner sharing
- reading assignments
- Ayurvedic lifestyle recommendations
- chanting, singing, utilizing your natural voice
- weekly follow-up at home experiential learning(1 to 2hrs./week)
Typical Evening Format:
5pm – 6pm ~ Asana and Pranayama Practice
6pm- 6:45pm~ Snack/light meal and Circle Discussion
6:45pm – 9:00pm ~ Learning Modules
Dates: Thursday Evenings + one weekend
2019 Dates To Be Announced!
What is expected of you:
- timeliness and full presence
- confidentiality and holding a safe container for our group
- asking for what you want and need
Investment: $2,700 plus additional 2 weekly classes per week of your choice at BYV. (Many students opt to join our workstudy program in order to take the classes free, in exchange for service to our community).
To request applications for teacher training and/or workstudy program, email: firstname.lastname@example.org