The Jivan Yoga Teacher Training at Baltimore Yoga Village is a comprehensive and experiential training for those interested in studying the essence of classical yoga practices, theories, and roots with additional mentorship possibilities for those interested in teaching. The program is not designed to make you a “Jivan Yoga” teacher; rather it is designed to bring your natural voice so that all communication including teaching is direct, honest, non-performative, relaxed, and free. While a certificate is offered and you will be certified to teach, as per the Yoga Alliance standards, we are looking for participants with a high level of studentship and humility, who are more importantly committed to a life of learning and practice.
Some of the topics that will be integrated into the course are:
- Asana Practice – lots of it!
- Connecting to the Breath: Emotional implications of breathing and traditional pranayama techniques.
- Anatomy and Physiology: The flow of prana and benefits of yoga postures at the muscular and organ levels
- The Yoga Sutras and study of Samyama
- Quieting Mental Chatter: Meditation and Mindfulness
- The roots of Yoga: Study of yogic texts from the Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, Buddhist and Tantric text.
- The healing vibration of sound: kirtan, mantra, nada yoga, and the Sanskrit Alpahabet.
- Teaching out of the comfort zone: Teaching beyond studios, in jails, hospitals, and schools.
- Teaching Practice: Writing sequences and developing your own voice
- The Sivananda sequence of 12 basic Asanas and physical adjustments for them.
- Ethics of Teaching and the inspirational role of a teacher
- Therapeutic Yoga Workshops: yoga for arthritis, sciatic nerve pain, lower back pain, etc.
- Anatomy of Yoga Asanas
- Living our practice in relationships: The art of communication
- Style vs. Authenticity: Developing your natural voice
- Ayurveda for daily life
To request an application for either the 200 or 300 hour programs, email: email@example.com