From the Wisdom of Ayurveda — Get more details here! Can’t make any of the weeks or lectures? You will receive access to the zoom live-streamed recordings to catch up at your leisure.
Anjali’s love for teaching, dialogue, and community makes every course, every time — a unique experience. Even if you have take Ayurvedic courses with Anjali before, you can expect variation and a new flavor of information each time. There will time for questions and answers as she at times lets you take the wheel and steer the direction of these 8 weeks, to get the most applicable details for you and your family. The general curriculum will be as follows:
Week 1: Creating good space (Sukha)
- Begin to create a sense of stability by finding the one point in your day to create consistent ritual around food and wellbeing.
- Learn Ayurvedic concepts like how to follow the path of the sun and daily rhythm (dinacarya)
- Get rooted in the basics of the 5 elements and 3 doshas, Vata/Pitta/and Kapha (receive a pre-recorded video and supportive reading to help get grounded in the material).
Week 2: Practices for Balancing the Winds of Change
- Breath-work for anxiety: traditional pranayama
- Self oil massage (abhyanga) and nasal oiling (nasya)
- Gentle vata pacifying yoga asana with guided scan (Savasana) for deeper rest
Week 3: The 6 Tastes of Ayurveda
- The concepts of Rasa, Virya, and Vipak: fun & interactive workshops on mindful eating.
- Learn the effect on the doshas of all 6 tastes: Sweet, Sour, Salty, Pungent, Bitter, and Astringent
- Receive charts and PDF follow up material as notes
Week 4: Stoking the Fire
- Learn the Ayurvedic concept of Digestive Fire & Metabolic Waste
- 4 Main Types of Digestion: Knowing Your Agni Type
- Tridoshic tips and tricks for stoking the digestive fire & aiding digestion
Week 5: Eat for Your Dosha & Agni Type
- Breakfasts, lunches, and dinners by dosha
- Ideal shopping lists by dosha
- Anjali’s favorite simple recipes
Week 6: Make some Ayurvedic Staples
- How to make ghee from butter
- How to make Kitchari
- Knowing your legumes (vegetarian sources of protein)
- More recipes
- Curry in a hurry! The proper order for cooking most stews or curries.
Week 7: Spice up Your Life
- Learn uses of common spices which can be used in cooking, teas, pastes, and bathtubs.
- How to make a muscle warming paste
Week 8: Your Questions Answered
- QnA sessions where we learn from the community and you steer the ship on your last few classes. What you would like to explore?
- Niche topics on self care and nutrition
- Tying up loose ends from week 1-7
If we don’t get to your question? Anjali will offer you a reduced price 1:1 consultation. Regular cost $150 — 2 extras hours with Anjali for $75.