Jivan Yoga Teacher Training 500 Hour
The Jivan Yoga Teacher Training 500 hour course is designed for teachers at the 200 hour level to receive the additional 300 hours required for further certification. Greater emphasis is placed upon the art of teaching and apprenticeship than in our 200 hour course. All are welcome to apply, even those who have been certified to teach through other schools. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
Vivian Campagna and Anjali Sunita (See Instructors page for teacher bios) with visiting instructors
Program Cost: $2,700 plus 2 additional classes per week at BYV and course materials.
AYTT Dates: 20 hours per weekend – 10 weekends plus additional hours in reading assignments and apprenticeships. You will be expected to take an additional 2 asana classes per week at the Baltimore Yoga Village.
Weekend Dates and times for 2015/2016: Friday Evenings 6:30 – 9:30 (Mt. Washington), Saturdays: 11:30 – 8:30 pm (hampden), Sundays 1-6 pm (hampden)
Topics will include:
- Yoga Philosophy
- The Art of Sequencing
- The Art of Theming Classes
- Cultivating and Sharing Our Gifts + Voices as we grow together in sacred community
- Living our Yoga and Weaving Practice into Lifestyle
- Therapeutic Alignment and Anatomy
- Eyes, Voice, and Hands: The Art of Assisting
- Sanskrit Basics
- Professional Practices and Ethics
…. and more…..
What’s included every weekend:
- Experiential Anatomy
- Ayurveda and Teacher Self Care
- Teaching Tools: i.e. hands on adjustments and therapeutic assists, practice teaching
- Storytelling and Sequencing
Required and Recommended Reading:
Splendor of Recognition by Swami Shantananda, Awakening Shakti by Sally Kempton, Prana and Pranayama by Swami Niranjananda, Eat Taste Heal: An Ayurvedic Cookbook for Modern Living, Teacher Training Manual (given by Anjali and Vivian @ $75)
Exquisite Love by Bill Mahoney, Trail Guide to the Body by Andrew Biel, Anatomy of Movement by Blandine Calais-Germain